Saturday, May 18, 2013
Loving God, Loving People, Serving Both!
We've provided these most asked questions from REAL people with REAL concerns. If you desire to ask one of your own, email them straight to the Pastor HERE!.
1) How do I have to dress? First of all, we have NO dress requirements. We mostly dress casual. We take the "Come as you are" mentality, literally. You don't have to worry about dressing up.
2) I feel like I'm pretty rotten . . . what should I do before I am welcome at your church? Simply come. Our church vision is to be a hospital for the "spiritually sick." You don't go to a hospital when you are well. You will find uplifting music, and positive messages.
3) You don't know what I've done . . . can God really fix things? Absolutely! Jesus says "Cast (throw) your burdens on ME, and I will give you rest (peace).
4) The no-frills version - what do I really have to do to be a Christian? According to Romans 10:9-10 all you have to do is to ACCEPT Him as Lord, BELIEVE in Him as Christ, and CONFESS Him as Savior. Nothing more, nothing less.
5) I'm not sure if I buy the whole Christian thing . . . will you give me time to attend and think about it without pressuring me? No pressure here...we will give you time. You might have to be patient with us since we are passionate about touched lives.
6) Do I have to speak in tongues or do other weird stuff? Have to? No. Encouraged to? Yes. This is NOT something we cram down people's throats, nor do we make it a mandate for Heaven. This is a gift from God, which He freely gives to all believers.
7) Do you think ONLY Assembly of God members are going to heaven? Heaven would be a boring place if this was true. We believe ALL believers will go to Heaven. The Baptists, Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, etc.
8) What are the membership dues? There are NO membership dues. All are encouraged to give since the Bible tells us to give. Please read Malachi 3. 8-11
9) Do you take Democrats or Republicans? A person's political position or affiliation is NOT our concern. This is their choice made for their own reasons. WE neither push or badger any party... just the issues.
10) I'm gay. I'm divorced. I smoke weed. I drink. (Etc.) Can I come to your church? Yes! We have been praying for people just like you! We would be proud to have you in our church.
11) Seriously . . . I've got real-world problems . . . can you prove to me that you have real-world answers? YES! But not in a one-time meeting. Real world and real life problems are not formed in one hour, nor can they honestly be dealt with.
12) I've been hurt by church people. Why should I give it another chance? Most of the people hurt by church find it hard to give church another chance. We understand that. We tell people all the time that we are humans and we make mistakes, that's the facts of life. We teach Biblical principles that cure all of the "drama" surrounding church conflict. Conflict is dealt with swiftly and lovingly. Keep focused on Jesus, not on the man, or the church.